Monday, August 11, 2008

We're Back

We are back from vacation. I'm rested and ready to get back to work. Lots of highlights.

Rest. Just doing nothing with the two boys. Spending some time with Amber. We went on a few dates. One of them even ended up at Nebraska Furniture Mart.

I weeded and mulched our gardens.

I ran an 8K race in Iowa. Tough race. I got 4th behind a few college cross country runners. I was about a minute behind the winner and closing fast. :)

I preached at the first church I served out of seminary. It was great to see all our friends at Grace Church in Spencer. I hadn't been back for five years!

Amber and I went to my 20th class reunion at Laurens-Marathon High School. I think about 20 of us were there. Great to reconnect with old friends.

Benjamin and David got to spend some time with my mom. She does a good job of spoiling them.

I got lost running in Kansas City.

We spent a week at Table Rock Lake. Amber and David loved swimming and riding on the boat. Benjamin loved tubing and riding the wave runner.

We went to Silver Dollar City for a day. Cool place.

Thanks so much to Brad Krebs and Holly Baker for speaking for me when I was gone. Thanks to Mark and Lori Hauptman for letting us stay at their cabin in Missouri. Thanks to my intern, Cayla, for staying at our house for an extended period of time while we were gone. Thanks to all who prayed for us during this time.









No comments: