Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Hold Me. Purify Me.

Hold me

Sometimes my life just don't make sense at all 

The mountains look so big and my faith just seems so small 
I wake up in the night and feel the dark 
It's so hot inside my soul there must be blisters on my heart 

So hold me Jesus, 
I'm shaking like a leaf 
 
You have been King of my glory 
 
Won't You be my Prince of Peace (Rich Mullins: Hold Me Jesus)


You go before me. You are with me. You won’t leave me. You hold me.
Hold me in your arms, help me not to be anxious or afraid, and give me Your peace. 
(Deuternonmy 31:8 and John 14:27)

Jesus, you held the hand of a little girl and brought her back to life.
Jesus, hold my hand and bring me back to life and new levels of life. 
(Mark 5:38-43)

Hold me 

Purify me 

God, show me Your unfailing love and have mercy on me.
Show me Your great compassion and forgive my sins.
Wash me clean from my guilt. Purify me from my sin. 
(Psalm 51:1-2) 

For I recognize my rebellion; it haunts me day and night. 
I have sinned against you and your children. 
Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean;
Wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. 
(Psalm 51:3-7) 

Bring back joy to my life; You have broken me—now let me rejoice.
Create in me a pure heart, O God and renew my mind with purity.
Do not banish me from Your presence, and don’t take your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and make me want to obey you. 
(Psalm 51:8-12)


Make me pure. Remove all imperfections from my life. Make me holy. 
Refine me like pure gold and silver. Help me live a life that is acceptable to you. (Malachi 3:3) 

Purify my thoughts for my thoughts lead to my words. 
Purify my words for my words become my actions. 
Purify my actions for my actions become my character. 
Purify my character for my character becomes my destiny. 

Purify me 

Amen.

No comments: