Friday, November 20, 2009

Late November Reflections

The waterfall at Platte River State Park
  1. It seems essential, in relationships and all tasks, that we concentrate only on what is most significant and important." -Soren Kierkegaard
  2. It sure gets dark early.
  3. Jesus is still a light to a dark world. He always will be.
  4. The weather this month has been exceptional. I think it was warmer most of November than it was most of August.
  5. I have been trying to have an attitude of gratefulness and thanksgiving – for little things like beautiful days and more important things like family and friends.
  6. It is hard to believe that football season is coming to an end. Except for the NFL where the season is only about half over.
  7. This is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God. –Micah 6:8
  8. I think I could eat pumpkin stuff all year long and not just in October and November.
  9. I can’t believe David is almost three years old.
  10. Tme seems to go so fast. Enjoy and live the moments God gives us each day because life is a collection of moments.
  11. Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear. -Ambrose Redmoon
  12. I haven’t heard any Christmas music yet this year (and it’s Friday, November 20th at 8:57 in the morning as I write this.)
  13. Saying “no” to unimportant things allows us to say “yes” to the important things.
  14. I’m excited about studying, talking about, and hopefully living a more simple live during the next month.
  15. I’m excited for Thanksgiving at my in-law’s home in Papillion.
  16. A fine line exists between a feast and gluttony. A feast is a group of people who love each other getting together to celebrate God’s goodness. Gluttony is filling our stomachs with food and our lives with stuff thinking that food and stuff are what we really need.
  17. I’ve never understood Christmas shopping at 5:00 in the morning the day after Thanksgiving. I guess most people don’t understand running at 5:00 in the morning either, so life can be thought of as loving people you don’t fully understand.
  18. Communion is sharing a meal with friends and God. The food and drink leave a little bit to be desired, but you can’t beat the company.
  19. I’m grateful for friends, family, church, and God.
Two deer keeping a close eye on me

No comments: