Sunday, September 6, 2009

Lessons from Children's Songs

Here is this morning's sermon. Thanks to Brad Krebs and AJ Sandoval for doing it with me. Listen here.

The B-I-B-L-E

The B-I-B-L-E
Yes, that's the book for me
It stands alone on the word of God
The B-I-B-L-E

The grass withers and the flowers fade, but the word of our God stands forever. -Isaiah 40:8

Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do. -Joshua 1:8

Application: Spend 5 to 10 minutes per day reading God’s Word. Let God speak to you. Develop a biblical worldview overtime as you are fed by God’s Word.

Be Careful Little Eyes

Oh, be careful little eyes, what you see.
Oh, be careful little eyes, what you see.
There's a Father up above, looking down in tender love,
So be careful little eyes, what you see.

Be careful little ears what you hear
Be careful little mouth what you say
Be careful little hands, what you touch
Be careful little feet, where you go

I look up to the mountains—does my help come from there? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth! He will not let you stumble; the one who watches over you will not slumber. Indeed, he who watches over Israel never slumbers or sleeps. The Lord himself watches over you! The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade. The sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon at night. The Lord keeps you from all harm and watches over your life. The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever. -Psalm 121

And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father. -Colossians 3:17

He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands

He's got the whole world in His hands,
He's got the whole wide world in His hands,

He's got the whole world in His hands,
He's got the whole world in His hands!

He made heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them. He keeps every promise forever. He gives justice to the oppressed and food to the hungry. The Lord frees the prisoners. The Lord opens the eyes of the blind. The Lord lifts up those who are weighed down. The Lord loves the godly. The Lord protects the foreigners among us. He cares for the orphans and widows, but he frustrates the plans of the wicked. The Lord will reign forever. He will be your God, O Jerusalem, throughout the generations. -Psalm 146:6-10

This Little Light of Mine

This little light of mine...I’m gonna let it shine
hide it under a bushel, no…I’m gonna let it shine
Everywhere I go…I’m gonna let it shine

You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father. -Matthew 5:14-16

Jesus Loves Me This I Know

Jesus loves me! This I know, for the Bible tells me so. Little ones to him belong; they are weak, but he is strong. Yes, Jesus loves me! Yes, Jesus loves me! Yes, Jesus loves me! The Bible tells me so.

For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him. -John 3:16-17

No comments: