Friday, January 27, 2012

Prayer for Balance - Legible

A few of you had a tough time reading the prayer from yesterday. I have never been accused of having good handwriting and it was a full page of words. I hope you find this prayer helpful.


Hectic. Rushed. Worried. 
Stressed. Cluttered. Burdened. 
Lonely. Tired. Complex. 
It is my life but not Your plan for my life. 

By your grace, become the priority and passion of my life. 
When I lack – You sustain. 
When I am alone – You are present. 
When I am overwhelmed – You are my help. 
When I am defeated – You are my hope. 
You provide my needs. 

Faith. Family. Friends. 
Work. Wellness. Wealth. 
Sleep. School. Spending. 
I am pulled in all directions. Pull me in Your direction. 

I confess I have made choices that have caused me to lose balance. 
Forgive me when these choices have been intentional. 
I live in an imperfect world that makes balanced living difficult. 
Give me wisdom not to conform to the patterns of the world but to be transformed by the Gospel. 

I pray for organization in the details of life. 
My distractions on non-essentials are many. I pray for focus on the essential things of life. 
Help me give my time, energy, and resources to the important – not the urgent.
Help me say “no” to mediocre or even good things so I can say “yes” to the best.

Let me embrace simplicity and flexibility rather than complexity and rigidness.
Give me clear purposes in life. I want to love and be loved by You. 
Make my relationships be life-giving and joyful for me and for those I relate to.
Help me love like you and extend my hand in service to those around me. 

I am a sinner. Lead me to experience your forgiveness and to share forgiveness with others. 
I am jealous and envious. Fill me with thankfulness and gratitude. 
I have neglected my body. Help me take care of myself through exercise, nutrition, and rest. 
I have let my work become my life. Allow me to see that my value comes from You. 

I am unbalanced. It is my life but not Your plan for my life. 
I am pulled in all directions. Pull me in your direction. 
Give me harmony and peace. 
Give me grace and balance. 

In the name of Jesus I pray, 

Amen.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the legible version, I have c&p it into my collection of prayers. I do have to admit that I appreciate the rawness of the original prayer with its scripture links, drawings, and emphasis markings. It's like reading a map of your destination to the final prayer.
Blessings to you and yours.

Jenna said...

This is brilliant. Grateful for God speaking to me through you this morning.